Location: Upper Hall, Loch Promenade Church, Douglas
This course is taught by Chris Usher, and is with coffee and registration from 2.15 pm.
The need to manage cyber security risk is constant. Financial services businesses need to ensure that their employees are aware of the nature and scale of the risks and understand that people are the greatest asset and biggest risk in managing the risk of a cyber security breach. This seminar is taught by a professional trainer who puts into simple terms the key aspects that individuals need to understand to manage their own risk of being part of a breach.
• Understanding the issue at hand
• The 'Darknet' – what is it? Who uses it? Why we should be aware of it?
• Classic cyber security attack techniques
• Key 'dos and don'ts'
• Best practice in risk management
Learning outcomes: having attended this course, delegates will:
• Understand more about the attack methodologies used against them
• Have an increased awareness about how they are part of the problem, but also the solution
• Be able to take more ownership for their actions and feel more involved in the fight against cyber attacks.
All course costs and administration charges are exclusive of GST which, if applicable, will be added to the invoice. All fees must be paid in full within 14 days from the date of the invoice.
Cancellations must be made in writing prior to the start date of the course. Course fees will be payable dependent upon the amount of notice given: 7 or fewer days’ notice prior to start date,100% of total fee will be payable; more than 7 days notice, 50% of total fee will be payable; more than 28 days notice, no fees will be payable.
Students may defer to a later date, subject to availability, andprovided 14 days notice is given. Amendments to an existingbooking may also be requested. Deferrals, transfers, amendments and any refunds due may have administrative charges levied of £25 for refunds; £10 for amendments and 25% of the course fee for deferrals or transfers. Jersey International Business School reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse to accept any booking.