The ACSP knows that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. This notice describes our privacy statement. By visiting The ACSP, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What Personal Information About Customers Does The ACSP Gather?
The information we learn from visitors helps us personalise and continually improve your experience at www.acsp.co.im. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future services for you, and communicating with you.
- A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at The ACSP. If we cannot recognise you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from The ACSP if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers.
- Information from Other Sources: For reasons such as improving personalisation of our service we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we may transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide additional site features.
- The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies may allow you to take full advantage of some of The ACSP's more advanced features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Links to Other Sites
The information linked to by The ACSP Information Services are developed by people over who The ACSP exercises no control. These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, or solicit personal information. www.acsp.co.im may choose to exhibit its search results in the form of a "URL redirector." When The ACSP uses a URL redirector, if you click on a URL from a search result, information about the click is sent to The ACSP, and The ACSP in turn sends you to the site you clicked on. The ACSP uses this URL information to understand and improve the quality of The ACSP's search technology. For instance, The ACSP uses this information to determine how often users are satisfied with the first result of a query and how often they proceed to later results.
Does The ACSP Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our users is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share user information as described below.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with our affiliated businesses. In some cases, these businesses operate stores at The ACSP or sell offerings to you at The ACSP. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. You can tell when another business is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that business.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of The ACSP customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores or assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the unlikely event that The ACSP, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of The ACSP and Others: We release personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of The ACSP, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit The ACSP your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms and Conditions including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the Isle of Man. If you have any concern about privacy at The ACSP, please send a thorough description to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly. This Notice and the Terms and Conditions will change also, and use of information that we gather now is subject to the Privacy Notice in effect at the time of use. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes.
Who can I ask if I have additional questions?
Feel free to contact us any time and we'll answer any additional questions you may have. You can contact us via email at email@example.com or you may write to us at: -
The Association of Corporate Service Providers
PO Box 175
12-14 Finch Road
Isle of Man