Location: Upper Hall, Loch Promenade Church, Douglas.
This DQ sponsored ACSP seminar is with Chris Usher from Jersey International Business School.
The session will cover:
- Overview of the fraud risks with financial services businesses
- Case study one: the threat of the insider – how one member of staff nearly bankrupted a financial services business
- Case Study two: Phishing, Spear-fishing and CEP fraud. How one financial services business lost £300,000 in ten minutes
- Case study three: where did it all go wrong? How a Jersey financial services business failed to manage fraud risk and how the regulator reacted
- Case Study four: failure to have adequate internal controls
- Building an effective fraud risk management response
Chris Usher has over 20 years experience in international financial services, working both in the UK and offshore, for major financial institutions such as Barclays Wealth and Santander.
Formerly an International Investment Manager he advised both individuals and corporate entities on complex investment scenarios. He now specialises in delivering training in investment management, taxation and regulatory matters in international finance centres around the world.
Chris is a specialist chairman of a number of high-profile events, including conferences such as the Annual Compliance & Economic Crime Symposium and the International Taxation Conference. As an expert in the financial crime risks posed to international offshore financial centres, Chris was invited to speak at the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) conference on the topic of 'Understanding the Criminal Vulnerabilities of Offshore Products and Services'.
This seminar is at the Upper Hall, Loch Promenade Church, Douglas with coffee and registration from 12 noon for a prompt 12.30 pm start. It is anticipated that this session will last approximately one hour.
If you would like to attend this session, please send me an e-mail stating who from your firm would like a place. All bookings will be confirmed by e-mail. All bookings are subject to the first come first served system.
This seminar is free to staff of member firms and associate members of the ACSP.
This event is sponsored by DQ Advocates.